The charity was formed in 1736 by Widow Turpin who left two plots of land to St Michaels Church in Aston Clinton. The income from the land was to be used to buy bread for the poor of the parish. At that time St Leonards Church, St Leonards was part of that parish.
In 2015 the charity’s objects were revised and approved by the Charity Commission. In 2016 one plot of land was sold and the capital is invested to provide an income for the relieve of those in need in the parish of Aston Clinton and the civil parish of Cholesbury cum St Leonards.
For more information or to apply for a grant please see turpinscharity.org.uk